Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
Fantasies are more than substitutes for unpleasant reality; they are also dress rehearsals, plans. All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination.Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I could be wrong.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Only few true loving hearts can easily identify some little lies in your smile and some more truth in you tears.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Niece : What is the name of your mobile phone?
I : It's Motorola.
Niece : You know what is the name of my phone?
I : No, what?
Niece : Nanorola. Hehe!
And I couldn't stop laughing!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.
If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring,
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
It is not for nothing that Indian advertising is seen as coming into its own. And Vodafone advertising campaigns have been at the forefront of it all.
First there was that dog in Hutch campaigns, which captured the imagination of millions. It survived a $19-billion buyout and reached such levels of popularity that it even led to kidnappings of that breed of dogs, called pugs.
And now come those nutty and entirely endearing little men in white, called Zoozoos created by the agency O&M for Vodafone, one of the main broadcast sponsors of the Indian Premier League. They are wowing audiences, and ZooZoo merchandise, bags, keychains, T-shirts will be available soon.
What a great creativity! Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart. Without playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable.
What kind of Zoozoo are you? Find out and don't forget to let me know in comments.
I am a daring Zoozoo - "You love travelling and taking things head on. Life is a journey and you take the road less travelled."
Last year, Vodafone advertisement featuring the popular pug dog had invited the wrath of Animal Welfare Board. Hope the new series will not invite some alien anger!
View all Vodafone zoozoo ads :
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1. What were the five words ?
2. What is the implication of this story?
The husband just said "I am with you Darling"
If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.
MORAL OF THE STORY:
Sometimes we spend time in asking who is responsible or whom to blame, whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know.
If you blame others for your failures, do you credit them with your success?
All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.
People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives.
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
Take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
100 truths - Tagged by Jinxed Pixie
1. Last beverage: Sparkling water
2. Last phone call: My Niece
3. Last text message: HSBC
4. Last song you listened to: Erase and Rewind by Cardigans
5. Last time you cried: Fortnight ago
HAVE YOU EVER...
6. Dated someone twice: Nop
7. Been cheated on? Nop
8. Kissed someone & regretted it? Nop
9. Lost someone special? No
10. Been depressed? Yup
11. Been drunk and threw up? Never been drunk
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
15. Made new friends: Yup
16. Fallen out of love: Nop
17. Laughed until you cried: O ye many times, one of the best ones was last year’s पिल्लो फिघ्त
18. Met someone who changed you: The people and circumstances around me do not make me what I am, they reveal who I am.
19. Found out who your true friends were: Yup
20. Found out someone was talking about you: Yup
21. Kissed anyone on your friend's list: Nop
22. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: Few
23. How many kids do you want to have: Don’t know.
24. Do you have any pets: No, I don’t like pets.
25. Do you want to change your name: Nah
26. What did you do for your last birthday: Nothing special
27. What time did you wake up today:
28. What were you doing at last night: Being bhoot bhatakne gayi thi
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: Something to end these days
30. Last time you saw your father: 3 hours ago
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: Element of Excitement
32. Most visited web page: hotmail, google, miniclip and my blogs
33. Name: Sophie, Tia, Cheeky monkey, TROUBLE
34. Nicknames: VJ
35. Zodiac sign: Libra
36. Male or female or transgender: Female
37. Elementary: Kendriya vidyalaya
39. Colleges: KHM
40. Hair color: Some Light brown, some black, none grey.. yet!
41. Long or short: Shortest possible
42. Height: 5” 3’
43. Do you have a crush on someone? Feels like
44. Ever been in love? Many times with many things
45. Piercing? Pierced ears
46. Tattoos? No
47. Righty or lefty: Righty
48. First surgery: May be at 50
49. First piercing: Some where between 9-12
50. First best friend: Krishana
51. First sport you loved: Cricket
52. First pet : None
53. First vacation: Haridwar, when I was 8 months old (Yais, paap dhone well in advance ;) )
54. First concert: Never been to any
55. First crush: Tom Cruise
56. Eating: Nothing
57. Drinking: Bhubha
58. I'm about to: Play pool
59. Listening to: My bro
60. Waiting for:
61. Want kids? Ya
62. Want to get married? Yup
63. Careers in mind? Monk
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
64. Lips or eyes: Eyes
65. Hugs or kisses: Hugs
66. Shorter or taller: Taller
67. Older or Younger: Older
68. Romantic or spontaneous: Both
69. Nice stomach or nice arms: Nice Arms
70. Sensitive or loud: Both
71. Hook-up or relationship: Relationship
72. Trouble maker or hesitant: Both
HAVE YOU EVER:
73. Kissed a stranger: Never
74. Lost glasses/contacts: Nop
76. Broken someone's heart: Yup
77. Had your own heart broken: No
78. Been arrested: I asked for but that cute policeman said I am not qualified.
79. Turned someone down: Yes
80. Cried when someone died: No
81. Liked a friend that is a girl? Yup
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
81. Yourself: Yais, though I doubt sometimes.
82. Miracles: Pretty much, And yes they happen to those who believe in them.
83. God: Always
84. Love at first sight: Still not
85. Heaven: Definitely
86. Santa Claus: Ya but I am worried now after reading this “The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather. It moved to
87. Kiss on the first date? Nah
88. Angels: Yes, I feel that there is an angel inside me whom I am constantly shocking.
89. Devils: Yes but I never say, “The devil made me do it.” Never ;)
90. Is there one person you want to be with right now? Ya
91. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time? Naa
92. Wanted to kill someone ever? Ye few people
93. Among you blog mates, whom would you like to kiss? None
94. Committed a blunder and regretted later? No
95. Wanted to steal you friend's boyfriend / girlfriend? Nop
Associate with something you wear:
96. White: My Soul
97. Black: My Fila shoes
98. Red: My Gap hoodie
99. Pink: One of my saris
100. Posting this as 100 Truths? Yais, hopefully. ;)
Friday, March 20, 2009
…and even, surely by some mistake, a little brown teddy bear
He was trapped amongst all the other unwanted things, and couldn't move.
Then, one day…a very cold day, something fell from the sky…
…a little snowflake
It landed on the teddy bear's little nose and then was followed by many more. He began to get cold, very cold indeed. More and more snow fell, heavier and heavier. The little bear was now so cold that his nose started turning blue…so cold that his brown fur started turning grey.
He was cold, unloved and all alone in the world, and felt very, very sad.
Winter finally passed and the weather got warmer.
One beautiful spring day, a little girl was playing near the old house, when she spotted the grey bear in the pile of unwanted things. He was like no other bear she had ever seen and she pulled him out from where he was trapped.
She dusted him down and lifted him high in the sky to look at him.
"A grey teddy bear…with a blue nose?" she thought. "How strange!"
The teddy bear wanted to cry. He thought she didn't like him and would throw him back with the other unwanted things.
"But he's lovely!" she continued and she fell completely in love with him.
She ran home as fast as her little legs would carry her, to see if her Grandma could patch him up as a lot of his stuffing had fallen out, and he was very much in need of repair.
She looked on as her Grandma replaced his stuffing and patched up his holes.
His stitches had started showing where the fur had worn away, but the little girl thought he looked perfect.
It was all cosy and warm in the little girl's house and the bear felt all cosy and warm in his heart.
However, his nose was still blue and his fur was still grey, and they would never return to brown.
He was unique among teddy bears.
The little girl gave him a great big hug. She loved him more than anything else in the world…her little grey, blue-nosed…
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"
He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.
Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."
George said, "Okay."
He hung up the phone and counted to 30.
Then he phoned the police again.
"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up..
Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
Monday, March 2, 2009
Sit in reverie, and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind..
Every time I have some moment on a seashore, or in the mountains, or sometimes in a quiet forest, I think this is why the environment has to be preserved.
It is pleasurable, when winds disturb the waves of a great sea, to gaze out from land upon the great trials of another.
When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing - just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park?
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Recently me and ma bro were talking on net,
I -- So, what you doing?
Bro -- Watching an old movie.
I -- Which one?
Bro -- Abhiman
I -- Alright
Then I started doing my stuff, after half an hour or so I was in my tune and I forgot that what he said he is watching movie, so I asked ma bro again,
I -- What you doing?
Bro -- You know what our Hindi films are at least 3 hours long. So I am still watching that movie.
I -- Ya but I thought its quite old film, so its length might have affected by depreciation. (Well, I had to find some logic after asking such stupid question, so I did.)
We couldn't stop laughing at my logic.
Monday, February 16, 2009
The heart has reasons that reason does not understand. The heart is forever making the head its fool. In love, somehow, a man's heart is always either exceeding the speed limit, or getting parked in the wrong place. If your head tells you one thing, and your heart tells you another, before you do anything, you should first decide whether you have a better head or a better heart.
You change your life by changing your heart. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.
Today, see if you can stretch your heart and expand your love so that it touches not only those to whom you can give it easily, but also to those who need it so much.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
- I prefer offline to online.
made me change a lot. UK
- While I was learning to drive car I used to injure 3 people every week and kill 2 every fortnight.
- I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- I have seen and experienced a lot in my life. It feels as if I have already lived multiple lives.
- I am the plot-twist in the 2nd reel!
- Don't ask me questions before eight in the morning, particularly silly ones. I'm grumpy then, and I'll probably make fun of you.
- Once I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dripped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.
- My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there.
- For me there's no life without humor. It can make the wonderful moments of life truly glorious, and it can make tragic moments bearable.
- I think as with all the great cities of the world, walking is the best way to 'feel' London.
- I suffer (actually I enjoy) from multiple personality disorder.
- Right now I'm having amnesia and deja-vu at the same time. I think I've.
- In my house there's a light switch that doesn't do anything. Every so often I would flick it on and off just to check forgotten this before.
- I was asked thousand of really stupid-silly questions at work by customers.
- I think therefore I am severely concerned.
- I talk with my eyes.
- I have started drinking water in baby's Sippy Cup recently since I have seen ma niece doing same, and believe me it’s so much fun.
- I'm at a stage in my life where I'm having a hard time caring about things. Fortunately, I don't care.
- I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- Ma Mafia name is Angie "The Grim Reaper" Anastasio.
- I never interrupt my enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Don't know why but I cry sometimes.
- For me it's kind of fun to do the impossible.
- I want to feel again few things in life.
- Cinderella's slippers were originally made out of fur, not glass. The story was changed in the 1600s by a translator. (Ye, its useless fact which has nothing to do with me.)
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Life gives us brief moments with another...but sometimes in those brief moments we get memories that last a life time... In quiet moments when you think about it, you recognize what is critically important in life and what isn't. Be wise and don't let good things crowd out those that are essential. Sometimes at the best moments a single word or a look is enough.
Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.
There are moments in life, when the heart is so full of emotion That if by chance it be shaken, or into its depths like a pebble Drops some careless word, it overflows, and its secret, Spilt on the ground like water, can never be gathered together.
Kiss your life. Accept it, just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness you're waiting for don't pass you by. You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
If I get a chance to live few moments of my life again then I would love to experience few things in my life again.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
In your life, you meet people. Some you never think about again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same again. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.
There is no feeling more comforting and consoling than knowing you are right next to the one you love. But some emotions don't make a lot of noise. It's hard to hear pride. Caring is real faint - like a heartbeat. And pure love - why, some days it's so quiet, you don't even know it's there.
Relationships-of all kinds-are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.
As you think so shall you be! Since you cannot physically experience another person, you can only experience them in your mind. Conclusion: All of the other people in your life are simply thoughts in your mind. Not physical beings to you, but thoughts. Your relationships are all in how you think about the other people of your life. Your experience of all those people is only in your mind. Your feelings about your lovers come from your thoughts. For example, they may in fact behave in ways that you find offensive. However, your relationship to them when they behave offensively is not determined by their behavior, it is determined only by how you choose to relate to that behavior. Their actions are theirs, you cannot own them, you cannot be them, you can only process them in your mind. Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don't over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness.
Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude. The closer and more confidential our relationship with someone, the less we are entitled to ask about what we are not voluntarily told.
Monday, January 19, 2009
For it is Life, the very Life of Life.
In its brief course lie all the
Verities and Realities of your Existence.
The Bliss of Growth,
The Glory of Action,
The Splendor of Beauty;
For Yesterday is but a Dream,
And To-morrow is only a Vision;
But To-day well lived makes
Every Yesterday a Dream of Happiness,
And every Tomorrow a Vision of Hope.
Look well therefore to this Day!
Such is the Salutation of the Dawn!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Next day, I was thinking that I wish every time when we make mistakes in our lives, God could show us those red lines or blinking red lights to let us know that we have made an error somewhere and we should correct it before it gets to late like Spell checker does every time. Because the error of one moment becomes the sorrow of a whole life sometimes. But then I thought, ignorance and error are necessary to life, like bread and water. Sometimes we may learn more from a man's errors, than from his virtues.
I didn't even know that there is a difference between error and mistake which now I know thanx to Wikipedia.
One reference differentiates between "error" and "mistake" as follows:
An ‘error' is a deviation from accuracy or correctness. A ‘mistake' is an error caused by a fault: the fault being misjudgment, carelessness, or forgetfulness. Now, say that I run a stop sign because I was in a hurry, and wasn't concentrating, and the police stop me, that is a mistake. If, however, I try to park in an area with conflicting signs, and I get a ticket because I was incorrect on my interpretation of what the signs meant, that would be an error. The first time it would be an error. The second time it would be a mistake since I should have known better.
I think mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts and I don't think so it would be fun to live totally perfect lives. Error is discipline through which we advance.
I've learnt so much from my mistakes
I think I'll make another
Never make the same mistake twice,
There are so many new ones to make;
Try different one each day....
And hey, I haven't made any mistakes while writing this post.
I didn't even use Spell checker...
why you laughing???
I did use spell checker..
but no mistakes were found out.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better. It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life.
These days I wanna spend sometime with my self at such place,
Any life, no matter how long and complex it may be, is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is. So I may just find out, who I am.
Friday, January 2, 2009
What Punctuation Mark Are You?
Let me know in comments whether you are _ , ! or ?